Institute for Labor Studies
Last Updated June 20, 2020
What Personal Information We Collect and Process.
The following Personal Information may be supplied by you or collected from you and other legitimate sources as a result of your access to or use of ILS web site (www.ils.dole.gov.ph).
- For Online Job Application. The ILS collects through its online job application from job applicants and successful candidates personal information, such as but not limited to, full name, birth date, birth place, sex, civil status, height, weight, blood type, Government Service Insurance System ID Number, Pag-IBIG ID Number, Philhealth Number, Taxpayer Identification Number, citizenship, residential and permanent addresses, contact number, family background information, spouse’s information, father’s and mother’s names, educational background, civil service eligibility or licenses and ratings, trainings, photographs, and signature. The same personal information are collected physically for onsite job applicants and from all ILS employees.
- For online submission of bids. The ILS collects personal information through its online submission of bids (OSB). The following personal information are collected: A) Name; B) Address; C) Contact details such as mobile number and email address.
- For registration to policy advocacy webinars. The ILS collects personal information through its online registration for its online policy advocacy webinars. The following personal information are collected: A) Name; B) Address C) Agency Name D) Contact details such as mobile number and email address E) Gender F) Disability
- For Health Declaration Form. The ILS collects personal information through its Health Declaration Form for its visitors and employees (both online and on site) who will be reporting physically to the office. The following personal information are collected: A) Name; B) Temperature in degree Celsius; C) Mobile Number; D) City address; E) Region of Origin; F) If person is experiencing any type of the following symptoms: sore throat; body pains; headache; or fever?
- For communication with ILS. The ILS collects personal information through its Client Satisfaction Form. The following personal information are collected: A) Name; B) Office; C) Address D) Contact details such as mobile number and email address each time they communicate with ILS electronically or through telephone.
- For financial transactions. The ILS collects, through its Finance and Administrative Division, the following personal information: A) Name; B) Agency/Office C) Address D) Curriculum Vitae or Personal Data Sheet with signature (for individuals); E) Bank account details; F) Tax Identification Number; F) Contact details such as mobile number and email address.
- For Client Satisfaction Form. The ILS collects personal information through its Client Satisfaction Form. The following personal information are collected: A) Name; B) Office; C) Address D) Contact details such as mobile number and email address.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
- For Online Job Application: As a government agency, the ILS is mandated to comply with the Civil Service Commission (CSC) regulations on recruitment, selection, appointment and other human resource actions in line with civil service hiring. The collected information are required by the CSC’s Personal Data Sheet (PDS) and other applicable civil service regulations. The collected personal information will be used to contact applicants, verify their identity, and to evaluate the qualifications of the applicants.
- For online submission of bids: This is in compliance with Government Procurement Policy Board Resolution No. 12-2020 allowing for the online submission and receipt of bids by the procuring entities. The personal information will be used to contact the bidders and verify their legitimacy.
- For registration to policy advocacy webinars: The personal information will be used to verify their identity , and contact the participants and send to them related webinar links, certificates, and presentation materials related to the webinar.
- For Health Declaration Form. The information will be used for contact tracing while observing Data Privacy restrictions. This contact tracing is being implemented in compliance with ILS Administrative Order No. 102, Series of 2020, otherwise known as the Occupational Safety and Health Guidelines during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- For communication with ILS. This is to enable the ILS to verify the identity of the public or client/s, to contact them physically or electronically, to respond to their queries, to inquire back, or to send them notifications or updates about ILS or any of its activities.
- For financial transactions. This is to enable the ILS to verify the identity of its services/goods suppliers, and contact them, and process payments for its procured services/goods from suppliers.
- For Client Satisfaction Form. This is to contact and verify the identity of persons downloading research contents and who rate us for services rendered to the public.
Generally, this is to help the ILS with the following:
- To comply with banking, data protection, tax, health and other applicable laws and regulations;
- To comply with data collection that are imposed on ILS as an agency by the Data Privacy Act of 2012 or other applicable laws or regulations or that ILS undertakes pursuant to contracts, agreements or arrangements with partners, government authorities or third parties whose products or services are engaged by our clients/public or delivered or rendered to our clients/public, wholly or partially, as allowed under applicable Philippine law for all government institutions; and
- For other legitimate purposes allowed or required by applicable laws or incidental to the foregoing.
To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Information (Data Sharing)
The ILS does not disclose or share your personal information to other entities or agencies. The personal information collected are used only for the abovementioned ILS collection purposes. In instances where the ILS is required to share your personal information, we will always ask for your consent before proceeding with the said sharing, and will not proceed without your prior consent.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is processed securely from collection to destruction. We implement organizational, physical, and technical measures intended to protect your Personal Information against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration and disclosure, The ILS applies standards of integrity, confidentiality, and security, data encryption, firewall, password-protection, authentication mechanisms, and other security measures to safeguard your Personal Information.
Where and How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information
The ILS may keep/retain your Personal Information in either electronic or hard copy form. We will retain your Personal Information to the extent that such retention is necessary to provide you with any of the features or functions in www.ils.dole.gov.ph, for us to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and/or to enforce our agreements with you, and for such purpose, we may continue to retain certain of your Personal Information even after your account is deleted or if you have opted or requested for your personal information to be deleted. When your Personal Information is no longer needed, we shall take reasonable steps to destroy or anonymize your Personal Information. The following factors will be considered in disposing your Personal Information:(i) Use and Purpose;(ii) Content;(iii) Importance;(iv) Health and Safety; and(v) Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, we may retain your information if it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, or any government regulation or request and to safeguard the rights of any individual, to remedy any technical or security issues, to address fraud or other illegal acts. Nothing in this Policy shall limit your right to any legal defenses or objections that you have against any third party including government’s request for your Personal Information.
How To Access, Correct, and Delete Your Personal Information
What Rights Do You Have
The Act affords you the following rights in relation to your Personal Information:
- right to be informed;
- right to access;
- right to object;
- right to erasure or blocking;
- right to damages;
- right to file a complaint;
- right to withdraw your consent;
- right to rectify;
- right to data portability
Regarding the right to erasure, we emphasize that this is not an absolute right. A request for erasure may be denied when your Personal Information is still necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose/s for which said Personal Information was obtained or to be able to comply with a legal obligation which requires the processing of Personal Information, among others. You may read more about your rights at: https://privacy.gov.ph/know-your-rights
How To Contact Us
Consent and Warranties
Subject to the exceptions provided by law, this Policy and the Terms, this consent shall be effective as of the date of execution until revoked. As the Data Subject, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, if you withdraw your consent, you will not be able to use any of the ILS personal information collection systems in www.ils.dole.gov.ph , unless if the withdrawal of consent pertains only to certain Personal Information or purposes of Processing Personal Information which may still allow you to continue to use www.ils.dole.gov.ph with limited functionalities. We will inform you of the effect of your withdrawal of consent upon your exercise of such right.